1 Initial Enquiry
You can contact us by telephone 01986 873580, or visit our contact page here…we would be delighted to hear from you.
2 Initial Consultation
Our consultations usually take place in our showroom at Halesworth and are offered free of charge. This appointment enables us to find out what you are looking for, what your design and colour preferences are. Often, we find perfect ways to bring out your personality within our designs. We get a feel for the look you would like to achieve, discuss your ideal budget and pour over the fabric samples.
The excitement in starting the creation of something beautiful begins!
3 Second Consultation
Also free of charge but this takes place in your home, or at your commercial premises. Following the first consultation, with a great deal of thought, research and planning, we will bring our creative ideas. Carefully selecting fabric samples and costings to leave you feeling inspired and excited to move on to the next stage.
4 Detailed Quotation Provided
We like to be completely transparent with costs, so you determine the final cost. We make sure pricing is made simple and clear, so every customer understands all the fees. You can decide if you would like to adjust prices up or down. We work to your budget completely.
5 Third Consultation
These are not always required but occasionally they are helpful, and we are happy to offer them again free of charge if so. These can take place at our showroom or at your home, we can run through any changes and finalise the design brief.
6 The Craftsmanship Begins
With a great deal of love and concentration, your soft furnishings are created.
7 Quality Control
All the team here at Katharine Ellen Designs are 100% committed to creating a stunning finished look. With regular inspections, we make sure we never move on to the next stage before we are completely happy with the work so far.
8 Customer Feedback
Customers are invited to come into the showroom at any stage to see the work in progress, but most prefer to wait for the ‘wow factor’ effect once the project has been completed.
Time to put the reality of the dream in place. I (Katharine) make sure of this by personally hanging and dressing each and every curtain project. Personally, fitting all loose covers at a customer’s home; being a perfectionist, I need to make sure our creation is ‘just right’ before I can move on to my next project.
We use the same fitters we’ve had in place for many years. Their 20 years of experience alongside their passion and commitment to the end creation means they are as integral to the finished project as the skilled workmanship of the seamstress. Alongside the little finishing touches which we make at every stage, and the fabric itself, every part of the process plays a part in guaranteeing a beautiful finish.
A 2 Year Guarantee on all Katharine Ellen Designs workmanship is provided for each and every project. In addition, a “General Care Information Sheet” is provided for you to refer back to and ensure you keep your products looking as fabulous as possible and for as long as possible.
11 The Future
Which room will you want to re-design next!?!
- Katharine has been an absolute godsend for us. After a devastating house fire we had to replace all our soft furnishings - a project which would have been incredibly daunting without her help. She was endlessly patient with our slow decision-making and even though we weren't always sure ourselves, she somehow understood exactly what we wanted. Interior decor has always been well outside my comfort zone but Katharine has made it all so enjoyable and the immaculate, professional results speak for themselves. She also employs first-class fitters (when she isn't doing the fitting herself), all of whom have been a pleasure to have in the house. We're thrilled with absolutely everything she's done for us so far - and there's more in the pipeline. I couldn't recommend Katharine more highly.Catriona ChaseCookley, Suffolk
- Katherine has worked with us on our home and on a large holiday house and we would heartily recommend her and her company. It’s easy to form a good working relationship with Katharine. She is good to talk to, sympathetic to your needs and has the knack of quickly understanding the styles you prefer. You’re kept up to date with progress and helped with adjustments after fitting. Cloth Works has a huge range of fabrics available and Katharine will always search out different products she thinks might interest you. Our curtains and Roman blinds are very attractive and beautifully made. Katharine is positive and creative. We thoroughly enjoyed working with her and are delighted with the results.Susan RobertsWesthall, Suffolk
- These are beautiful curtains and blinds! Katharine has made all the curtains and blinds in my new house in Suffolk and in my flat in London. She is meticulously professional at every stage of the process, from discussing suitable fabric to the final installation. I have used several different makers in the past but now would NEVER use anyone else. The finish is immaculate. She has the highest standards; some of the fabric we ordered was faulty and she ensured we were sent replacements. I have found her to be incredibly helpful and pleasant - you can rely on her expertise!Elizabeth Burke TregearSpexhall
- Katharine has done a number of projects for me including upholstering headboards and a sofa as well as making roman blinds. Always a high standard of work, friendly service and good advice.Sharon CollinsHalesworth, Suffolk
- It is a pleasure to work with Katharine and we have worked with her for several years at Adnams. Her understanding of colour coupled with an extensive knowledge of quality fabrics makes her a real asset to our team. She has helped create some exciting room schemes at several of our pubs and hotels. Her upholstery is always excellent quality and we are confident she will do a great job. She has created a range of curtains, cushions, chairs and headboards for us.Victoria SavoryMarketing Manager, Adnams Properties and Experiences
- I am thrilled with the recovering of pair of armchairs by Katharine Ellen Designs. Beautiful workmanship and good communication between Katharine and ourselves. I would recommend this service to anyone wanting a professional job.Ann WilliamsChediston, Suffolk